Cyprus International Sailing Club
The new sailing club has been registered this year in Limassol – Cyprus International Sailing Club (CISC). The intention to do so is because of the desire of the island’s growing sailing community (FB Yachting Group in Cyprus https://www.facebook.com/insailing ). A number of sailors who graduated from skippers courses or racing in dinghy schools want to race on keel boats, but the vast majority of boats in Cyprus are private and there is no club with coaches and a program. Therefore seven active yachtsmen of the sailing community have united to register Company ‘Insailing FE Ltd’, which became FarEast Boats distributor in Cyprus (official website http://fareastboats.com.cy/ ), also registered the club to manage the boats, and, in fact, bought the first three boats .
The first two boats are already moored at TGI Friday’s in Limassol Marina
The choice for model FarEast 28r was not accidental, the “Boat of the Year” – Overall Winner 2016 https://www.sailingworld.com/2016-boat-year-fareast-28r?image=0 ,
Fareast 28R is approved by the Worldsailing as one design class, in 2015 World Match Racing Tour https://youtu.be/3L9X0Qtj6PY was held and last year the first World Championship in this class was held in Sweden http://fareast28r.com/. At the same time among sports boats of similar class like Farr30, Farr280, Henderson30, J90, MC31, etc., this model is the most competitive in terms of price vs quality, and has the top equipment Harken, Selden, Spinlock, and carbon rudder and keel fins.
On the video of the test drive in Limassol you see, how with a wind of only 12 knots, the boat is already planing and reaches a speed of 10-12 knots. She is capable to do more extreme speeds, for example on this video Fareast 28r overtakes the boat that makes 14 knots speed https://youtu.be/QeMoto4VthI
Dimensions are made exactly for a 40′ container, which accommodates the hull on the wheeled cradle, keel and mast, which makes shipping, unloading, assembling and subsequent maintenance of boats also inexpensive and very simple.
Having a lifting keel it is easy to keep them on a shallow waters and transport them onto a trailer, for instance, from Limassol to Larnaca or on a ferry to Greece or Israel to participate in local competitions.
We can deliver Fareast 28r from Shanghai and assemble them in Cyprus and, since we are interested in increasing the monofleet, we give the best conditions for delivery and berthing to anyone who wants to join the fleet with their boat. https://www.facebook.com/insailing/videos/1990342691214125/
With what it is planned to begin now:
– March – training sessions, getting to know boats, admitting people to club members, forming teams
– 31 / 03-01 / 04 the coach from Russia (the World and European champion) will arrive with the short training program for the preparation of teams for the races.
– by this time on the water there will be already three boats
– April-May – a series of Fareast 28r fleet races. Teams will be divided into at least two divisions, depending on the skills level – ‘silver’ and ‘gold’, that is, a minimum of 6 teams of 6-8 people. According to the results of the series, the first two teams of the gold fleet and the first team of the silver fleet will have the opportunity to compete in the Cyprus Offshore Championship organized by Cyprus Sailing Federation.
– May – Regattas Spring Cup St Rafael club, Kition Race club Begafigo, Kataklysmos club Ponatha – according to the collected statistics these yachts are quite competitive in the ORC races with large boats (https://www.facebook.com/paul.bowler.96/videos/10213422818977266 ), test drive at the Limassol Boat Show http://limassolboatshow.com .
– June – July – Cyprus Offshore Championship in Zygi, Larnaca https://www.facebook.com/events/146294959424491/
– August – training and club races, preparation for the ORC European Championship
– September – Cyprus’s largest sailing event – the ORC European Championship, for which the best teams will be selected. http://www.fnc2018.com/orc/
And then the sailing season in Cyprus never stops …
Sailing connecting people.